Sunday, April 24, 2011

CR02

Now I know this is the second course reflection we were supposed to do, and I only have one... Well, ya caught me. And if you didn't, you did now. So to make up for lost time, I will briefly go over my experience in Design 200 over the past FOUR weeks.

In week 1, we were given cards, and we were introduced to the class by the person who owned up to having the same color & suit as you (in this case me) and that person happened to be Sydni B. Although I only got to know her on a pretty shallow level, I soon got to know a lot more about her, and the other queens (Jay M. and Alyson M.), as class chugged along. I also got to know this guy who goes by Gabe Tippery, and he likes to stand in front of the class and act like he knows what he's talking about. Come to think of it, he knows a hell of a lot more than most people ever would about design. I've learned a lot through the first two weeks of lecture, and even more as we finally started to experience design. I realize that all the videos we watch and activities we do, get us really familiar with what design is and how it works.

In the past two weeks, the classes have been a lot more interactive, as we finally covered the premise of what design is in the first two. With that out of the way, it's nice to be able to start to try to think like designers, in terms of universal design and where we actually encounter it. It makes me think a lot more about design and what it is on a much deeper level.

One thing I've noticed that I like about this class, is the blog posts. I love reading other students' blogs and also being able to share my thoughts with my peers. Although skeptical at first, I have definitely warmed up to the idea, as it makes the class very casual and comfortable - like a Barcelona Chair. I'll probably end on a cheesy note like that, because I really don't think it can get any worse...

No comments:

Post a Comment